Monday, January 31, 2011

Joe's Birthday



Kendra wanted to do something special for Joseph's fourth birthday, so we spent a good deal of time on Saturday night blowing up balloons to fill up his whole room.

It didn't take long for us to start feeling pretty winded.
Isaac, that talented guy, blew up two at once.
Puff, puff, puff!! Gulp! Huuuuuuuuuuuuff! Puff, puff, puff!

The whole living room was full of them!
I was pretty high from lack of oxygen by the end of the balloon-blowing ordeal. :P


The theme for Joseph's birthday was Star Wars, so we got him all kinds of Star Wars stuff - including a Star War cake, made out of ewoks... just kidding. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he said, "A remote control." I figured I'd get him something to go with it, so I got him a little tiny remote control car. I admit I felt a bit jealous when a relative gave him a HUGE remote control truck., lol. But I got over it after only a moment, haha.

The Birthday Boy!


Only the girl relatives could make the party... so Joseph kinda looks like a lady's man here. :P


I wonder where Joe got an expression like that!

Maaaaaaaaaaybe he got it from his dad. :P

Star Wars Cake!

"This is the life..."

Gotta love it.

O Texas, how I loveth thee!
Thou hast been as home to me.
Thou taught me of eternity,
Through thy constant constancy.
Tim Keller I have come to know
Guns and fireworks I've blown
"Profane" thoughts here well abound
("Profane" - like past tense of "profound")
Lots of lovely weather
Boundless skies and heather
Some of this I've fabricated
But that is just how dedicated
I feel.
O Texas, thou hast my heart
But soon I must depart.
<tear>


2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Christy. Thine comments and photos showeth us thy wondrous Texan life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perdiful poem, my friend, and good job on the ballooning!! That's an impressive pile.Oh, and that's an amazing birthday cake, Joe already has fantastic taste at such a young age. :)

    ReplyDelete