Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Golden Hour

I wrote this while driving from A-town to SJ a couple weeks ago. I plan to take it apart and put it in a story sometime, but until then, here is the raw picture. :)


Endless vineyards at golden hour
Hills rising out of the whole horizon
Great thunderclouds lined up and marching inland
Like a fleet of warships
The sun standing on the westernmost sky
Boldly
Shadows casting themselves upon the hills
Which are yet half-golden
Columns of Eucalyptus trees
Leaning their own shadows over highways
The sun pouring himself warmly
Across the setting countryside
And that certain glow
That comes over the whole world
When it sets

2 comments:

  1. Greatness! But whats really amazing is that you wrote it while driving. Its like I've always said, "you haven't mastered a skill until you can do it while driving a car." And yes I am a master juggler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! "When it sets" gives me chills when I read it. (good ones)

    ReplyDelete